Peroneus Brevis Tear

Monday, December 20, 2010

Relocation from Atlanta to the Twin Cities

Hello Twin Cities, MN!

2011 will be a transition year for Bodywork Ultra...new state, new city, new clients and a new climate! After 6 1/2 yrs and a really hot summer in Atlanta, the Twin Cities is testing my resolve! Originally from WI, I thought I knew what to expect moving back to the North. My husband, who had lived in the Twin Cities years ago, told me that the Twin Cities was a lot colder and snowier than Milwaukee/Madison, WI. Boy...he wasn't kidding! I'm learning just how adaptable the body can be! 3 major snowstorms (11", 6" and 17") and another on the way today...can't wait until Winter actually starts! I've been keeping the local outerwear stores busy with my down coat, long underwear, boots, hats and scarf purchases.

I've learned a lot in trying to set up my practice in the Twin Cities. The massage industry is not regulated by the state of MN like it is in GA (and most states). Because of that, each city adopts their own regulations. I would consider some of the city regulations prohibitive...$10,000 investment and $1500 background check for starters in one city. They are setting a clear message that they do not want massage therapists in their city. It's really too bad because people in those communities have to travel further for therapeutic massage.

After researching many locations in the Twin Cities, I have decided to open up Bodywork Ultra in St Louis Park, MN. The office will be in the Miracle Mile Mall at Hwy 100 and Excelsior Blvd. I'm really excited about this location and the people I'll be working with. The location is convenient for those in downtown, uptown and those who work/live in the western suburbs of the Twin Cities. Surrounding highways (aside from Hwy 100) include 169 , 62 (Crosstown), I-35W, I-394 and 1-494 isn't too far away either. Bike trails link St. Louis Park to downtown Minneapolis, the Uptown area, Hopkins and Chaska.

I'm enjoying my time so far in the Twin Cities...really love biking and running on the many miles of paved paths the community has to offer. I haven't tried biking since the snow fell...but many still do that! It's so nice that they're plowed in the winter! I also got out for some cross country skiing this past weekend until I realized I was not wearing warm enough gloves. It might be time to get some warmer gloves!

I look forward to working with people in the Twin Cities to help relieve pain, restructure the body to a balanced state, improve wellness and enhance overall performance.

Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog

Bodywork Ultra LLC is a therapeutic massage practice located in Lake Geneva, WI.
Lake Geneva, WI
262-729-9609

Bonnie Kimble, owner of Bodywork Ultra LLC, is a nationally certified and licensed therapeutic massage therapist who specializes in Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT), Craniosacral Therapy (CST), Sports Massage and Swedish Massage.

Schedule online now