Peroneus Brevis Tear

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Impressive Warm Up Routine for Packers vs. 49ers game

Well...anyone who knows me knows that I bleed green and gold.  Tonight's game, the classic Packers-Bears rivalry, is only a few hours away.  I sure hope "my team" (Hey, they are my team.  I've got a framed Packers stock certificate hanging on the wall at home!) plays well tonight and gives us our first W of the season. 

Last Sunday, I was at the season opener of the Packers vs. 49ers at Lambeau Field.  I was inside Lambeau early enough to catch the players warming up.  What impressed me (and disappointed me as a Packer fan) was the deliberate and well executed warm ups from the 49ers.  Not knowing one 49ers player from another, I don't have any names to share with you.  They were wearing shirts and sweats without their names or numbers on them.

There were foam rollers that many 49er players were using to roll out their quadriceps, ITB (aka iliotibial band), adductors and backs.  This is a great way to warm up the fascia and get the muscles ready for deeper stretching and work (or the game in this case).



Another pre-game warm up some of the players did was AIS (Active Isolated Stretching) for their hamstrings, adductors and quads.  Some of them were performing the AIS with assistants and others were doing it on their own.  I have a poor video below (I never said I was a camera man!) of one player stretching his adductors after he finished with his hamstrings, and another is being assisted as they begin AIS for the quadriceps.


I was truly impressed with the concentrated effort of the 49ers during warm up.  Not only were they doing techniques I often suggest my my clients do, but they were focused and intent on the delivery of their warm up exercises.  There was a precision in their movements.  When I compared their warm up to the Packer's warm up, I knew we'd be in for a tough game.  Unfortunately, I saw the Packers just going through motions in their warm ups.

I sure hope that my team performs better tonight in the pre-game preparation and the game itself.  Starting out the year 0-2 will not sit well with Packer Nation or in my house!

GO PACK GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog

Bodywork Ultra LLC is a therapeutic massage practice located in Lake Geneva, WI.
Lake Geneva, WI
262-729-9609

Bonnie Kimble, owner of Bodywork Ultra LLC, is a nationally certified and licensed therapeutic massage therapist who specializes in Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT), Craniosacral Therapy (CST), Sports Massage and Swedish Massage.

Schedule online now